A range of of services supporting quality diabetes care for people with an intellectual disability are offered by Registered Nurse and Credentialled Diabetes Educator, Jayne Lehmann. Services are person centred and encourage the individual with diabetes to be actively involved in their diabetes care, to the best of their ability. EdHealth Australia is a NDIS Provider and Jayne Lehmann a registered Medicare provider.
Find out more about Jayne’s skills in diabetes care for people with intellectual disability Click here!
To read an article on the EdHealth Australia NDIS services published in June 2020 Click here!
The services and resources produced to support quality diabetes care for people with intellectual disability include:
- individualised diabetes assessment and education – face-to-face or using a tele-health service to ensure access across metropolitan, rural and remove Australia.
- Diabetes Management Plan writing
- Diabetes training of disability support workers
- Diabetes Manual and resources for support workers
- Low literacy teaching resources disability or hearing impairment
- Consulting to assist disability organisation to address diabetes care support issues and the development of policies and procedures for a quality and safety framework for diabetes care.
Find out more on NDIS services by Jayne Lehmann … Click here!
Want to read a blog on support workers giving insulin injections Click here!
Meet the Port Pirie support workers Jayne presented the Diabetes Care in the Community program to in Port Pirie in July 2018!
Who else has used EdHealth Australia’s services? Click here!
Contact Jayne to find out more or arrange for a quote.