The P2 Diabetes Chat show often includes chat by Jayne and Kirrily abouts guidelines, resources and information that underpins the topic of the chat. To make it easy for their Chatsters (listeners of the P2 Diabetes Chat!) the information is linked below as ‘Extra Stuff’.
To find the ‘Extra Stuff’ from the podcast you listened to, scroll down to the podcast title … and there it is … You can cast a cheeky eye over the other links as you scroll … you never know what you’ll find!
Go to the extra stuff!
- The journey begins with a chat Click! the link to listen to the podcast
2. ADC week. Tuesday Click! the link to listen to the podcast
Click! the link to listen to the podcast
4. Self-employed CDEs … Wooshkaa … and engaging the unengaged
5. SGLT2 + surgery = Danger … danger … Will Robinson!
6. Checklists and ups and downs of social media
7. She said, he said and other blood glucose monitoring dilemmas. Meta analysis on BGM for
Articles with the Argument for people with type 2 diabetes doing structured blood glucose
monitoring commentaries challenging Malanda et al. Meta Analysis:
8. Health professional non-compliance … AKA Therapeutic Inertia
- Therapeutic Inertia in Type 2 diabetes
- Therapeutic Inertia and the Legacy of dysglycemia on microvascular and macrovascular complications of diabetes
9. Ode to relationships formed and farewelled
10. I went walking … What did Eliza see?
- Donate to acknowledge Eliza’s JDRF Walk across Europe and support finding a cure for diabetes.
11. Pharmacy the next D frontier
- People with Type 1 Diabetes and Do-it-yourself technology solutions
- Insulin pens – A matter of environmental impact – Blog by Jayne Lehmann
- Willingness to initiate insulin in Australia
12. Technology an insider’s view + Jayne’s favourite pastime …diabetes shopping!
14. And they’re back … chatting about the acute care vs. chronic care diabetes management continuum
15. Covid19 – Diabetes Issues to Contemplate
16. COVID19 – The Rise of the CDE
17. COVID19 – To Infinity and Beyond for Diabetes Care Impacts and Opportunities
18. COVID19 – Think you KNOW diabetes? Not this one!
Click here to go to Know Diabetes website
19. Insulin replicators and price impact (AKA biosimilars)
- Article on the production of insulin Making Insulin_ Forecast Diabetes Magazine
The term Replicator comes from a show called Stargate. A bug, they replicated themselves. The photo to the left shows what they looked like!
21. Health Professional, Health Professional, lend me your ears!
KnowDiabetes – A platform for diabetes educators to join and people with diabetes to use to see the
diabetes educator of their choice!
Diabetes Kit Chat –www.timesulin.com.au
24. Reality hits Omicron … and Jayne … as Kirrily gets to sound pretty!
- Health Direct: Managing COVID19 at home https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/managing-covid-19
- How much do pulse oximeters cost – Generally between $20 and $100.Find out more information here on pulse oximeters and their use in the management of Omicron symptoms.
25 Give them an inch and before you know it they are prescribing!
26. Warning: Diabetes sick days just got sicker!
27. GLP1 Shortages – How many elephants in the room?
Pharmaceutical Society Australia – PSA submission to the Disability Royal Commission:
PSA Medicine Safety: Disability Care – Safer Medicines Use in People with Disability
AIHW – People with a disability in Australia Report –
International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health: Health and Access to Health
Services for People with Disability in Australia: Data and Data Gaps –
Julian’s Key Hospital Passport template – Julian-s-Key-Evaluation-Factsheet.pdf (health.qld.gov.au)
International Consensus on Time in Range: Article
Clinical Targets for Continuous Glucose Monitoring Data Interpretation: Recommendations From the International Consensus on Time in Range JUNE 08 2019
30. Nothing sticks like Omnipod! – sponsored by Insulet
SUBSIDY Page – https://www.omnipod.com/en-au/subsidy
HCP Website – https://www.omnipod.com/en-au/hcp