Jayne Lehmann has received a number of awards acknowledging her work and grants to further her work with people with diabetes and a disability …
2021 Finalist in the APNA Nurse of the Year Awards
2019 semi-finalist in the South Australian Carer Achievement Award of the Community Achievement Awards
2018 Honorary Life Membership of the Australian Diabetes Educators Association
2017 South Australian CDE of the Year.
- 2013 – 1st prize Australian Diabetes Educator’s Association Healthy Eating with Diabetes Competition.
- 2012 – Abbott Diabetes Care Case Study Award.
- Peter Edward’s Memorial Award in 2010 for Jayne Lehmann’s ongoing contribution to the intellectual disability sector as a parent, advocate and educator.
- Australian Diabetes Educator’s Association National Certificate of Recognition 2008
- Honorary Associate of the Flinders University of S.A. (1990-92).
- 1990 3rd prize for oral presentation at Dreams, Deliberations and Discoveries Conference, Adelaide, in 1990 for “The Screening, Diagnosis and Education of Women with Gestational Diabetes in South Australia”.
- ADEA/ADS Scientific Meeting, Sydney “Pilot Study of the Patient Education Curriculum Guidelines” Poster presentation prize.
Abbott Diabetes Care Services Grant awarded 2011 to design a Diabetes Action Plan Clinic for people with disabilities in SA (see photo left and below).
- Novo Nordisk Regional Diabetes Support Scheme-1991 for research “Attitudes of Nurses to Diabetes Mellitus – from novice to expert”.
- Ames Scholarship Award Advanced Section in 1992 to investigate the development and implementation of a diabetes education clinic in General Practice.”