Awards for Jayne Lehmann’s work in diabetes and disability care include …
2021 Finalist in the APNA Nurse of the Year Awards
2019 semi-finalist in the South Australian Carer Achievement Award of the Community Achievement Awards
2018 Honorary Life Membership of the Australian Diabetes Educators Association
2017 CDE of the Year in South Australia
- 2013 – 1st prize Australian Diabetes Educator’s Association Healthy Eating with Diabetes Competition.
- 2012 – Abbott Diabetes Care Case Study Award.
- Peter Edward’s Memorial Award in 2010 for Jayne Lehmann’s ongoing contribution to the intellectual disability sector as a parent, advocate and educator.
- Australian Diabetes Educator’s Association National Certificate of Recognition 2008
- Honorary Associate of the Flinders University of S.A. (1990-92).
- 1990 3rd prize for oral presentation at Dreams, Deliberations and Discoveries Conference, Adelaide, in 1990 for “The Screening, Diagnosis and Education of Women with Gestational Diabetes in South Australia”.
- ADEA/ADS Scientific Meeting, Sydney “Pilot Study of the Patient Education Curriculum Guidelines” Poster presentation prize.
Grants received by Jayne Lehmann
Abbott Diabetes Care Services Grant awarded 2011 to design a Diabetes Action Plan Clinic for people with disabilities in SA (see photo left and below).
- Novo Nordisk Regional Diabetes Support Scheme-
- 2011 to produce a manual of information and resources for carers of people with an intellectual disability with diabetes
- 2010 to implement a diabetes education clinic for people with an intellectual disability in SA
- 1991 for research “Attitudes of Nurses to Diabetes Mellitus – from novice to expert”.
- Ames Scholarship Award Advanced Section in 1992 to investigate the development and implementation of a diabetes education clinic in General Practice.”